Rehab and Addiction
Inclusion in this list does not imply endorsement.
- An Overview of Alcoholism: As well as the overview, this site offers much additional information about alcoholism. From Alcohol Help.
- Effects of Drug Addiction on Oral Health: How drug and alcohol addiction affects your oral health. From New Mouth.
- Elderly Eating Disorders: Understanding and treating eating disorders in the elderly. From Within Health.
- Elderly Prescription Drug Abuse: A guide that includes risk factors, drug interactions, signs of prescription drug addiction and treatment. From Sunshine Behavioral Health.
- Recognizing Substance Abuse and Addiction in Older Adults—And How To Help: “It’s widely believed that substance abuse and addiction in the elderly is a hidden epidemic in the U.S. and worldwide…This guide will explain the importance of the issue, how to recognize the signs of use and abuse of different substances, and how to help.” From Premier Nursing Academy.
- Senior Alcoholism: A site that discusses how alcoholism affects seniors. From RehabSpot.
- Senior Citizen’s Guide to Withdrawal and Detox: Statistics, signs of withdrawal, what to look for in senior citizen detox centers, and more. From DetoxLocal.
- Substance Abuse & Addiction in the Elderly: An article from Addiction Group that discusses “causes of abuse and addiction, commonly used drugs, risks and dangers of substance abuse in elderly people, and suggestions for seeking treatment.”
- Substance Use Disorders–DSM-5 Definitions: Types, definitions, causes, mental health, and more. From Addiction Group.
Support Groups and Rehab
- 9 Best Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Washington: A list from AddictionResource.net.
- 12 Step Program for Addiction Treatment: A detailed explanation of 12 Step Programs, including types, history, and some pros and cons. From Bedrock Recovery Center.
- Disability and Addiction: Information from the Addiction Center, a substance abuse resource site that serves as an information hub connecting people to treatment options.
- Free Mental Health and Addiction Resources: An online guide to types of resources available and specific organizations that offer them. From RehabCenter.net.
- Seattle Drug & Alcohol Rehab, Detox & Treatment Resources: Information about finding alcohol and drug rehab in the Seattle area. From The Recovery Village.
- Senior Citizens—Addiction & Rehab: A guide presented by RehabNet, which “provides information, resources, and treatment for care providers and seniors battling addition and related concerns.”